We Need You?

The FEXP engine and associated packages are found here, as well as related tutorials and discussion.

We Need You?

BwdYeti
Advanced Member
BwdYeti
Advanced Member

Jul 28 2011, 10:08 PM #1

While I personally will not be developing the FEXP engine further, we would like to see the engine reach something that could be considered completion someday, so we're looking for someone to bring onto the team to work out the remaining standard FE features. Though the majority of the engine is finished (the functioning map and battle scenes, enemy AI, option/data screens, underlying class and weapon systems, etc), there are still a lot of smaller things left to do (Preparations screen, finishing FoW, Ballistae, snags/weak walls) that if completed help everyone.

It's not necessary to become a member of the team to help out, though. If you simply work on an extension for the engine and think it could be a useful addition to standard FEXP releases (Str/Mag on all units? branching promotions? reclassing?) then please get in touch with us about it.

Or perhaps you are a more experienced programmer than myself and see ways the basic processing of FEXP could be improved? If you have any optimizations to suggest for improving the performance of FEXP feel free to make them.

Anything you can do to help is appreciated o:

markyjoe1990

Jul 28 2011, 10:12 PM #2

I'm going to be learning the Ruby coding language. Once I feel in tune enough with the language, I'll try to help as much as possible.

Bryan
Advanced Member
Bryan
Advanced Member

Jul 28 2011, 10:54 PM #3

I would like to try to help in anyway that I can.

Camtech075

Jul 29 2011, 02:38 AM #4

Aw, sweet, motivation to learn Ruby!

Mercenary Lord
Advanced Member
Mercenary Lord
Advanced Member

Aug 2 2011, 12:12 AM #5

Id love to help, maybe will learn ruby for this...
'Physics is imagination in a straight jacket.' ~John Moffat

Mulcibaer

Nov 18 2011, 08:49 PM #6

I have been lurking for a while, and I just now saw this thread. I have been working on learning Ruby for a while for a somewhat related project of my own, and would love to try helping flesh out features for this engine. Let me know if I can be of any use. B)

GrayWarden7
Advanced Member
GrayWarden7
Advanced Member

Nov 30 2011, 09:33 PM #7

I havent posted in a while but i am also working through a book and using online sources to learn ruby and programming in general. If anyone would like to make a thread where programing in all languages can be discussed i think that would be greatly appreciated and helpful. I am done the semester on Dec. 13 and will then be able to rededicate myself to learning ruby and become more active again.
"I am. I think. I will." Ayn Rand, Anthem

bballpro
Advanced Member
bballpro
Advanced Member

Dec 1 2011, 04:34 AM #8

that sounds great and all, except they switched to xna... which is c++/c#

Metakirby

Jun 27 2012, 12:50 PM #9

Yes , but Fexp isn't finished. So , he started this thread for looking for a ruby developpers to finish Fexp.

maple seed

Aug 19 2012, 12:58 AM #10

Greetings,

I admire the work you've done with this engine and have come to offer my assistance in it's completion. Over the years I have seen many FE fan projects close down due to lack of support, time or resolution to invest time, my own included (Silent Emblem, main programmer for "Fire Emblem - Days of Darkness"). You have done what I only got half way through, so I wish to donate my services in extending your engine as we also utilized RPG maker.

Some of the extensions I am currently working on include:
*Adding all the missing classes from FE6-FE8
*Adding most of the missing items from throughout the FE franchise
*Implementing the open world map from FE8, with all its functions
Whats more I plan to have these all added and functional in a matter of a few months

Although snags/walls and ballistae shouldn't be hard to implement, someone should really look into that preparation menu.

dellhonne

Aug 22 2015, 09:04 PM #11

BwdYeti you can spend me you animations for gba version Pls :frown: