Operating Systems

Discuss the forum, media, news and other such things here.

Operating Systems

Myke
Advanced Member
Myke
Advanced Member

Mar 21 2011, 05:20 AM #1

So I'm updating to Win7, something I've been putting off for a long time. I'm very comfortable with XP, and if it weren't for Just Cause 2, I wouldn't be doing it at all. Still, there are some obvious advantages, and since we're using 7 at Uni, I'll be used to it before long.

What about you guys? What do you use?

Klokinator
Advanced Member
Klokinator
Advanced Member

Mar 21 2011, 06:08 AM #2

Win7. Do yourself a HUGE favor though, and get the "Shell" known as SharpEnviro. Win7 default shell sucks ass, this shell makes it much much faster, trust me.

Seliphail

Mar 22 2011, 03:53 AM #3

W7, XP, Vista, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, I had SUSE for a bit but that just sucked.

W7 is to Vista was XP was to ME. Sheer awesomeness. Can't go wrong. It'll take some getting used to but it's faster, easier to use, and much more efficient than XP.

Myke
Advanced Member
Myke
Advanced Member

Mar 22 2011, 10:18 AM #4

All set up now and now that I know what everything does, I feel ashamed for being all amish about it.
The shell is currently undergoing a complete rewrite, and hence there is not an officially labeled or stable release available at the moment. The developers are only releasing beta versions (which are called Testing Day or TD versions) on a regular basis. It is fairly stable and an installer is available.

The current release is Version 0.8 Release Candidate 2.
I think I'll hold off for now o:

Klokinator
Advanced Member
Klokinator
Advanced Member

Mar 22 2011, 04:37 PM #5

That's weird, I didn't see that when I DL'd my shell, and it was only two months ago.