New Site

Rules, news, estimated release dates and moar.

New Site

Myke
Advanced Member
Myke
Advanced Member

Oct 21 2010, 03:29 PM #1

I don't know how many of you are aware that we have a website, but we do. Until now it was boring text copy+pasted from a forum posted with some tables showing the classes.
Thanks to the combined efforts of our staff (but mostly Chris) we have something more elegant.

So please, have a click around, get familiar with the class roster, and if you can bear it take stock of the story information I've put up there.

Immortal Sword Website

Kelsper
Advanced Member
Kelsper
Advanced Member

Oct 21 2010, 05:07 PM #2

Oh wow, that is really well done. Really nice work.

I thought something was weird in the Longbowman bio, though. It says:

A Longbow's greatest defence is that when her arrow reaches you, she is already long gone.

I assume the first one is a typo, but does the wording of the other two mean that the only archer we can get that promotes to Longbowman is a woman? Or is that just a generalization?

P.S Do we get a playable Ruffian -> Brigand? Please please please please please. :P

Aeorys
Advanced Member
Aeorys
Advanced Member

Oct 21 2010, 05:27 PM #3

Oh, very nice. Clean and navigable. 8D

Sploder
Advanced Member
Sploder
Advanced Member

Oct 21 2010, 06:28 PM #4

Is this gonna be your NCFC booth?

Either way, it's really nice, and definitely a good upgrade from your old site.

On a side point, did you guys make the Pirate battle sprite smaller/less buff?

BwdYeti
Advanced Member
BwdYeti
Advanced Member

Oct 21 2010, 09:20 PM #5

"Longbow's" is a typo, rest is just flavor; note Zweihander is also female. The PC Archers are all girls though, so yeah

The player gets one of each tier 0, so you'll get a Ruffian at some point.

Pirate/Fighter/Brigand all ran together as huge axe guys, they needed some variety. So Pirates are the smaller, faster axe guy. Fighters have more defense and general stats while Brigands have hueg HP and Str and not much else.

Kelsper
Advanced Member
Kelsper
Advanced Member

Oct 21 2010, 09:30 PM #6

BwdYeti @ Oct 21 2010, 09:20 PM wrote: "Longbow's" is a typo, rest is just flavor; note Zweihander is also female. The PC Archers are all girls though, so yeah

The player gets one of each tier 0, so you'll get a Ruffian at some point.

Pirate/Fighter/Brigand all ran together as huge axe guys, they needed some variety. So Pirates are the smaller, faster axe guy. Fighters have more defense and general stats while Brigands have hueg HP and Str and not much else.
Sounds good - I always did like Gonzales, but we never really got any more playable brigands which disappointed me (Marty from FE5 doesn't count - urgh) . Their critical is classic. But yeah it's nice that you are varying up the axe classes more, cause honestly there wasn't much difference before. (I used Gonzales and Geese both together before and Geese got better skill but that was about it) Maybe I'll actually be tempted to use a fighter this time.

The Merc
Advanced Member
The Merc
Advanced Member

Oct 21 2010, 09:37 PM #7

The website is excellent.

Rakuko
Advanced Member
Rakuko
Advanced Member

Oct 21 2010, 11:57 PM #8

BwdYeti @ Oct 21 2010, 09:20 PM wrote: note Zweihander is also female.
Oh yes, that's awesome. She's gotta be really strong though....i mean, look at that sword. I actually took a look at the site a couple days ago and was surprised to find some class definitions but not much else. great job! Oh man, i'm really looking forward to the Zweihander now......

so does this mean that the Sage does not get staffs, but Bishops/Wizards still do?

also, the Elder class is scaring me a bit. I mean, Luna with 7+ movement? that's gonna be powerful.
game stuff:

FFX HD, XCOM2, SFV

Kelsper
Advanced Member
Kelsper
Advanced Member

Oct 22 2010, 12:54 AM #9

Could I ask why you are linking to an old video on the intro page when you are linking to the version 0.13 on a completely different map? Is it just a placeholder or what?

Luna on wheels, oh lawd.

Myke
Advanced Member
Myke
Advanced Member

Oct 22 2010, 01:38 AM #10

Rakuko @ Oct 22 2010, 09:57 AM wrote: so does this mean that the Sage does not get staffs, but Bishops/Wizards still do?

Sage (and Hero) get all weapons up to rank C, thanks to their mastery skill.

also, the Elder class is scaring me a bit. I mean, Luna with 7+ movement? that's gonna be powerful.

And you don't get one |D
Kelsper @ Oct 22 2010, 10:54 AM wrote:Could I ask why you are linking to an old video on the intro page when you are linking to the version 0.13 on a completely different map? Is it just a placeholder or what?

Pretty much. A flashy new one will be up when there's more to put in it.

Sploder
Advanced Member
Sploder
Advanced Member

Oct 22 2010, 06:10 AM #11

Myke @ Oct 22 2010, 01:38 AM wrote: And you don't get one |D
T^T

That's not fair!

Oh well.

Also, are you saying that Sages (and Heroes) get to use any C-rank (or lower) weapon, including physical weapons (magic-heroes)?

Myke
Advanced Member
Myke
Advanced Member

Oct 22 2010, 06:27 AM #12

Sploder @ Oct 22 2010, 04:10 PM wrote: Also, are you saying that Sages (and Heroes) get to use any C-rank (or lower) weapon, including physical weapons (magic-heroes)?
No. Sages get Anima to S, dark/light/staves to C
Heroes get Swords to S, axes/lances/bows to C

I might need correcting on that. I think they can each get one other weapon to A?

BwdYeti
Advanced Member
BwdYeti
Advanced Member

Oct 22 2010, 07:36 AM #13

Jericho is a Scholar/Elder, stop getting confused about this :T
And it's B for their other weapon types, not C.

Kelsper
Advanced Member
Kelsper
Advanced Member

Oct 22 2010, 11:45 AM #14

Wait shouldn't you put those weapon icons on the site, then? Cause Sages only have the anima icon (and not even staves) while Heroes only have swords icon. (and not even axes) Or am I getting the wrong idea from this?

And paladins don't get axes?

And this is a personal question but could you tell me what Stahlfaust means, if anything. :P

BwdYeti
Advanced Member
BwdYeti
Advanced Member

Oct 22 2010, 03:38 PM #15

We don't have all the skill icons up (or made) either, and they get weapons from skills \o_O/

No class gets three weapons other than those two mentioned, and they have to use skills to do it. It's just incredibly boring and adds nothing to balance for one unit to do everything.

'Steel Fist'