Items/Weapons

The FEXP engine and associated packages are found here, as well as related tutorials and discussion.

Items/Weapons

Kay
Advanced Member
Kay
Advanced Member

Aug 2 2011, 06:30 PM #1

Why has nobody done an item tutorial yet? I think I did one way back on the original "site"...

So, without pictures!

ITEMS
Go to the items tab. You'll some familiar names with some weird numbers. So, the names mean:
ITEM NAME|MAX USES|ICON NUMBER|SPECIAL EFFECT (not necessary)
That | is way over on the right side of your keyboard, probably.
As a general statement, maximum uses apply to shop items and are for aesthetics. -1 is infinite.
For icon numbers, 0 is the first one, 1 is the second, and so on.
Another general statement: In descriptions, | is "new line", "return", "enter", whatever.

There's not a lot you can do here beyond that. All items' "Price" is per use. So set it to 100 for a 3-use item, and it'll cost 300 gold. For consumables, you can change HP recovery (no, you can't seem to make an item that damages all enemies or heals multiple allies) You can move around special effects, but changing 'em will mean Ruby.

WEAPONS
What I was originally going to write on until I realized I should do items.

Weapon names work similarly to items:
NAME|USES|RANK
Rank? That's weapon rank. So 1 means E, 5 means A, and 6 is S. Prf ranks are set around line 66 of the "Item" script.

Now, as for their stats, some may look a little weird.
Animations don't do anything.
Price is, again, per use. Remember that an infinite use weapon counts as 1 (it should, at least)
ATK is might, or base weapon power.
PDEF is icon number, but these are absolute rather than starting at 0.
MDEF is... HOLY--erm, it does nothing for weapons.
STR+ is weight.
DEX+ is hit rate.
AGI+ is critical hit rate.
INT+ is how much weapon exp is gained by using the weapon.

Staves work similarly, but:
ATK is how much it heals.
MDEF is the base EXP gain for unpromoted units.

Now, for Elements.
They're all pretty self explanatory except for a few, so I'll just go over those.
Elder is Dark.
Thrown just means that the weapon has a range of 1-2. Hence the Unlock staff.
HOWEVER, all range elements (thrown, 3-10, mag/2) can be changed after line 41 of the "Items" script.
Those things like Infantry and Flier are unit types against which this weapon is effective. You can change what the game calls a "mage" in the class tab.
Those staff names don't seem to do anything. At least, they're unused. Most staves are the equivalent of "hardcoded", though it's pretty easy to mess with stuff.
2x Effective is basically a way to have both 3x (set in "Items" script) and 2x effective weapons.

So there you go! Hope I didn't miss anything.

BwdYeti
Advanced Member
BwdYeti
Advanced Member

Aug 2 2011, 07:10 PM #2

SPECIAL EFFECT is actually what skill the item gives(based on the ids in the skill list) and weapons can have them too. If skill 96 is +20% HP growth, you could change Iron Sword from 3|46|1 to 3|46|1|96 and Iron Swords would give +20% HP growth. Skills for weapons only affect units wielding them, while items just have to be in the inventory.

For both items and weapons I think you can have multiple skills by putting dashes between them. So 3|46|1|96-97-98 would be that Iron Sword granting the wielder skills 96, 97, and 98

Kay
Advanced Member
Kay
Advanced Member

Aug 2 2011, 07:21 PM #3

Whoadang that's awesome. Like, really awesome ._."

Like, I can hardly imagine what some people will do once they read that.

BwdYeti
Advanced Member
BwdYeti
Advanced Member

Aug 2 2011, 07:30 PM #4

FIrst thing they'll do? Give a weapon Astra, Luna, and Sol :R

Kay
Advanced Member
Kay
Advanced Member

Aug 2 2011, 07:34 PM #5

But isn't he doing a hack instea--*shot*

Hm, but it looks like they don't stack (e.g. a unit with Adeptness can't get double adeptness from a vulnerary with the skill, lol)

BwdYeti
Advanced Member
BwdYeti
Advanced Member

Aug 2 2011, 08:36 PM #6

That's intentional. No Skills should be able to apply their effects multiple times except the +X ones (crit+X, Pow+X, etc)

Kay
Advanced Member
Kay
Advanced Member

Aug 3 2011, 12:19 AM #7

Oh, I think I forgot to mention this, but Hits All in Range doesn't do anything, does it? I can't get it to work.

BwdYeti
Advanced Member
BwdYeti
Advanced Member

Aug 3 2011, 05:17 AM #8

Nothing. I was just making tags for things I would need (like Fortify)