Fire Emblem 8x

Everyone loves to show off their artistic skills - here's the place.

Fire Emblem 8x

Parantheon
Advanced Member
Parantheon
Advanced Member

Feb 16 2011, 11:25 PM #1

i was just wondering if anyone would like to help me and my buddy darkblade on this game that we're working on? It takes place after sacred stones. the main characters are janten and banon. they are the sons of ephraim and tana. i wish i could say more but i want to put a team together first. but i can say one thing. valter is the main bad guy. if anyone is interested please post.
Life sucks, and there is nothing you can do about it. You just have to let it roll over your shoulder.

Mercenary Lord
Advanced Member
Mercenary Lord
Advanced Member

Feb 17 2011, 01:41 AM #2

Valter's dead once you finish.
'Physics is imagination in a straight jacket.' ~John Moffat

Klokinator
Advanced Member
Klokinator
Advanced Member

Feb 17 2011, 01:45 AM #3

>Implying Ephraim and Tana having children is canon.

Parantheon
Advanced Member
Parantheon
Advanced Member

Feb 17 2011, 03:18 PM #4

valter seemed to die, but this wouldn't be the first time that fire emblem characters "returned from the dead". for example, oliver seemed to die in fe9 but returns in fe10.
Life sucks, and there is nothing you can do about it. You just have to let it roll over your shoulder.

Darkblade
Advanced Member
Darkblade
Advanced Member

Feb 20 2011, 11:01 PM #5

CAUTION/WARNING/ALL OF THE ABOVE : WALL OF POSSIBLY VERY ANNOYING TEXT.
NO DETOURS.
CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Yeah, plenty of characters get killed off and then return in a sequel, As statted above, Oliver "dies" and then returns. Minerva's brother Michalis (Correct me if I misspelled that.) died in FE11(It was stated, I believe.) yet he returns in FE12. (Dunno if this was the case in the original FE's 1 and 3, since I've never played them.) (Also, Sirius from FE12 is obviously Camus, though he didn't have to die in 11).

But the point is, plenty of FE characters have supposedly died and then they return in a sequel, so where would the harm be in us bringing a few characters back from FE8's dead? Notice how I said a few. I judge by the "death" quotes, since some do not imply death at all. Look at Tirado's death quote: "Very...impressive... However... I expect you'll wish you'd died here on my steel. Lord Valter is...not nearly as merciful as I..." Without constantly broken speech, it doesn't imply excrutiating pain. instead, tirado's speech is more broken toward the beginning of his quote(Implies much pain), but later, it is scarcely broken(Implying much less pain and possible survival).

Yeah, Parantheon and I don't just pick random characters who we want to return, but analyze possibilities of who can return (And also the importance of the character to the storyline). Also, the epilogues help greatly in determining certain characters' roles in the game, if it is possible for that character to return. (Knoll's ending says he disappears, so either a Camus -> Sirius type character for knoll will be used, or he simply will not return. If this confuses you, I will elaborate later, but for now, it's time to move on.)

Also, it would be nice to get some input on the king of Grado before Valter's attack. Duessel was who we temporarily decided on, although we could have some long lost relative of Lyon's come in randomly and take the throne, but that would be retarded, or maybe that's just me.(Duessel would be ancient at this point, too, since this game will take place about 20 years after Sacred Stones.)

Our game has to have some freaky evil sorcerer dude who has to be killed shortly before the last boss, in other words, the "Gharnef" of the game. And since all of these evil sorcers seem to be beyond ancient, (i.e.-Gharnef, Riev, etc.), so would it be acceptable that Pablo be the "Gharnef" of our game?

Finally,(*What, it's the end!? Oh, thank God!*) this last part has nothing to do with characters returning, but items returning, (*And he continues talking. Dang!*) specifically, the Sacred Stone. The Sacred Stones are what helped to shape Magvel, so the last sacred stone has to have some role in the game, right? Well, it may not be overly important to the game, but it will have one of three uses: either a promotion item specifically for Janten and Banon, an equip item kind of like the Hoplon Guard, or (this one is way out there) a possible Dragonstone-type Item (*What!!???*). Yeah, I don't know what I was doing when I came up with that last one, but it sounded cool at the time.

Any input is appreciated.
Yeah, I'd love to post more, but I know you get tired of me, so I'll go somewhere else for now. (*YAY, HE'S GONE!!!*)

Parantheon
Advanced Member
Parantheon
Advanced Member

Feb 22 2011, 10:45 PM #6

WOW YOU GET TIRED FAST. GENTLEMEN THAT WAS MY PAL DARKBLADE!!!!!

Klokinator
Advanced Member
Klokinator
Advanced Member

Feb 22 2011, 10:52 PM #7

Okay Parantheon, we get it.

@Darkblade, the thing I dislike is sequels to games that aspire to be canon. Prequels, those I can deal with. But with sequels, there's always going to be the question of "Are THOSE two characters getting together really canon?". There's always the question of maybe this character or that character will not be alive, or perhaps will still be alive, or any number of things could happen.

That's why I'm making a FE7 prequel game. It's set 200 or so years before the events of FE7, while Bwd's game is set I think about 20-60 years before, leaving me plenty of time to fit my storyline in.

At the very least, I have to commend you on trying to make your story fit. But with sequels, there's ALWAYS going to be fans who will say "But that's not canon because ______ is clearly in love with ______!"

Good luck on it.

Parantheon
Advanced Member
Parantheon
Advanced Member

Feb 22 2011, 10:57 PM #8

FIRE EMBLEM 8x takes place 19 years after sacred stones. what does canon mean?

Klokinator
Advanced Member
Klokinator
Advanced Member

Feb 22 2011, 10:59 PM #9

Canon (NOT CANNON) means that it fits within the universe perfectly and makes sense. It would be like me writing a Star Wars book in between episodes 4 and 5, and having Luke die. That's not canon, that's made up, see?

Incidentally, if you were to say canon out loud in real life, it's pronounced KAY-NUN.

Parantheon
Advanced Member
Parantheon
Advanced Member

Feb 22 2011, 11:08 PM #10

thank you but i do believe that this fits into the fire emblem universe quite well. originally though this game was going to have nothing to do with sacred stones. it was also a game that my disabled sister and i played outside.

Darkblade
Advanced Member
Darkblade
Advanced Member

Feb 22 2011, 11:21 PM #11

Yeah, that's the problem we run into. But how do things like that get fixed. Not possible. Everyone's going to have problems with something, but we can do our best.

Klokinator
Advanced Member
Klokinator
Advanced Member

Feb 22 2011, 11:30 PM #12

There is only one real solution I've found for the sequel problem, and that's setting your game like a few hundred years after the end of the game you're sequeling. At that point, all the characters from (FE8 in this case) would be long dead, but you could still hint at lineages, there could still be plot points that referred to something key happening from hundreds of years ago, etc etc. The only way a sequel is ever truly loved is if it's made by the original makers of the game. In this case, people would only be able to bring themselves to 100% agree with a FE8x game if IS made it, case closed.

Otherwise, you ignore the haters and press on to your dream and fulfilling it.

Darkblade
Advanced Member
Darkblade
Advanced Member

Feb 23 2011, 12:05 AM #13

True that^

Myrrh would still be around, though.

Klokinator
Advanced Member
Klokinator
Advanced Member

Feb 23 2011, 12:15 AM #14

See? You could easily have Myrrh in the game and it would make sense.

Now, I'm not going into details on my game for at least 6 good reasons, but it's an FE7 prequel. I was contemplating having Hawkeye as a playable character, but that would break the canonocity of it, so instead his ancestor will be in it, which is not only plausible, but logical.

Honestly bro, Prequels are better lol.

Darkblade
Advanced Member
Darkblade
Advanced Member

Feb 23 2011, 12:35 AM #15

Once again, Klokinator, very true. I was really excited about making the game the way it was before, but now I think I may try the 100ish years in the future as to make the game less disputable. But I do agree. Prequels are easier.