FEXP

The FEXP engine and associated packages are found here, as well as related tutorials and discussion.
Kay
Advanced Member
Kay
Advanced Member

06 Sep 2011, 05:28 #31

By the way, it it just basically skips frames, then what's the point of the 60fps?

BwdYeti
Advanced Member
BwdYeti
Advanced Member

06 Sep 2011, 21:40 #32

>:?

Kay
Advanced Member
Kay
Advanced Member

06 Sep 2011, 23:44 #33

FEXP runs at 60fps, right? But all you can make are animations that run at something terrible 10-30 fps. Why is it necessary to have them be different speeds?
None of the default animations can fill in the gaps (and besides, when I tried more detailed animations, they seemed to be ignored)

adventuregh

20 Jan 2012, 22:35 #34

I have a question, I create some face with fe8 sprite ( http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/443558Tana.png ) and i dont sea them when I make talk even. But i can sea them in battle, why ?

Sorry for my very bad english.

BwdYeti
Advanced Member
BwdYeti
Advanced Member

21 Jan 2012, 09:58 #35

For talking it could be a problem with how many expressions you have the sprite set to have. Go to the 'Face Sprite Data' script and add a line for that filename, set to 1

Delayed response @Kay, the default RMXP system uses 40fps or so for animations, so when you view them in the editor they're slowed down, but ingame they're correct speed. That's not really something I can fix because I can't change the RMXP editor, but the end result does work. Also the fps skip setting affects maps/menus/etc, but battles always run at 60fps

adventuregh

21 Jan 2012, 23:56 #36

Thanks alot, Your engine is very impressive. I hope you will continue to make miracle in video game world.

If anyone wants them, I made two sprite of FE8 with eyes and mouth Moving
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?i ... 6Saleh.png
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?i ... phraim.png

In Face Sprite Data like BwdYeti say put this in good place

'Ephraim' => 1,
'Saleh' => 1,

'Ephraim' => [[29, 32], [29, 48], [ 8, 3], 0],
'Saleh' => [[29, 32], [29, 48], [ 8, 3], 0],
You can try Fps Creator if you like Rpg maker.

cormag
Advanced Member
cormag
Advanced Member

04 May 2013, 08:20 #37

I think we should download the FEXP. Why? Because I'd LOVE to create a new Fire Emblem, AND I'm gonna get some inspiration from Klokreations. Hey, Myke, do you think you could give me some inspiration on what designs we use for the setting please? I will accept any setting, but just as long as it suits the chapter. And don't worry, if I want you to change it, I can tell you.

Signed

cormag

P.S. Do NOT forget to help me download the FEXP

P.P.S. By the time you're done with the settings, I'll hopefully have the characters, so don't worry about a thing. :lol:
Hi, I do not like to give out my real name because it is personal information. I want to make the right choice and not to end up like Terra (who acted dumb just to take advantage of the younger members of the Immortal Sword forum). I'm smarter than this. I am working hard to be a changed person. Please don't be upset by what I write. I just don't want to cause problems. And I hope you understand I have autism and I'm fifteen years old. I am sorry for all the times I upset you. I didn't mean to.

kieran32
Advanced Member
kieran32
Advanced Member

04 May 2013, 19:15 #38

You should be perfectly capable of pressing the download button yourself?
Thanks alot, Your engine is very impressive. I hope you will continue to make miracle in video game world.

If anyone wants them, I made two sprite of FE8 with eyes and mouth Moving
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?i ... 6Saleh.png
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?i ... phraim.png

In Face Sprite Data like BwdYeti say put this in good place

'Ephraim' => 1,
'Saleh' => 1,

'Ephraim' => [[29, 32], [29, 48], [ 8, 3], 0],
'Saleh' => [[29, 32], [29, 48], [ 8, 3], 0],
Yeti released a download for all the GBAFE mugs actually. I plan to get the frames for all of them fairly soon with the tool CedarNyx made, though it needs an update before I begin.

Download the mugs here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/280 ... prites.rar

Myke
Advanced Member
Myke
Advanced Member

05 May 2013, 16:40 #39

cormag @ May 4 2013, 06:20 PM wrote: I think we should download the FEXP. Why? Because I'd LOVE to create a new Fire Emblem, AND I'm gonna get some inspiration from Klokreations. Hey, Myke, do you think you could give me some inspiration on what designs we use for the setting please? I will accept any setting, but just as long as it suits the chapter. And don't worry, if I want you to change it, I can tell you.

Signed

cormag

P.S. Do NOT forget to help me download the FEXP

P.P.S. By the time you're done with the settings, I'll hopefully have the characters, so don't worry about a thing. :lol:
the very first thing

in the very first post

is a download link

just click it

P.S. I'm kind of busy working on my own game thanks

cormag
Advanced Member
cormag
Advanced Member

11 May 2013, 08:46 #40

Prologue - The Fall of Silas

00:00:00 [Castle Silas]
00:00:07 Grahame: Dave! I'm so glad you've arrived!
00:00:16 Dave: What is it, Grahame.
00:00:22 Grahame: We've lost contact with my granddaughter, Aimee, and can expect no aid from her.
00:00:34 Dave: Well, that's not so bad.
00:00:42 Grahame: It's not. The real problem is that bandits are attacking Castle Silas.
00:00:53 Dave: Who's their leader?
00:00:58 Grahame: O'Grady is their leader. What I need you to do is to take Alex and defeat ALL these bandits.
00:01:14 Dave: Alex, let's go!
00:01:20 [Silas Waterfall]
00:01:28 O'Grady: What are you doing here, horse unit? Kill him AND the lord!
00:01:38 [PLAYER PHASE]
Hi, I do not like to give out my real name because it is personal information. I want to make the right choice and not to end up like Terra (who acted dumb just to take advantage of the younger members of the Immortal Sword forum). I'm smarter than this. I am working hard to be a changed person. Please don't be upset by what I write. I just don't want to cause problems. And I hope you understand I have autism and I'm fifteen years old. I am sorry for all the times I upset you. I didn't mean to.

cormag
Advanced Member
cormag
Advanced Member

11 May 2013, 08:51 #41

Playable Characters so far

Alex
Lord
Level 1
Bronze Lance
Bronze Bow

Dave
Cavalier
Level 1
Wooden Sword
Silver Lance

Enemies

Fighter
Brigand
Level 1
Wooden Axe

Fighter
Brigand
Level 2
Wooden Poleaxe

O'Grady
Fighter
Level 3
Bronze Axe

cormag
Advanced Member
cormag
Advanced Member

11 May 2013, 15:21 #42

I've downloaded the FEXP.

But what can I do to create my own?

I can't do it by myself, but if I try to hack, I can't do it for ten seconds without doing anything illegal.

What do you think I should do to create my game?

I don't want to get it wrong, you see.

Anyone?

Kay
Advanced Member
Kay
Advanced Member

11 May 2013, 16:58 #43

I-I... What? I'm sorry, but I don't entirely know what you're asking.

Check out the Ultimate FEXP Tutorial?
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?rwrd4ij5qfmvuxr

Myke
Advanced Member
Myke
Advanced Member

11 May 2013, 18:08 #44

build a map and then put your guys on it and then test it
I don't want to get it wrong, you see.
getting it wrong is how you learn things. just try stuff and if it messes something up then revert to a backup (oh make sure to keep lots of backups)

cormag
Advanced Member
cormag
Advanced Member

11 May 2013, 19:16 #45

Thank you Kay and Myke.

In return, both your Warn Levels will go down by 10%

But how do I do it?