FE7x Demos

Check here for public releases.
Ecut
Advanced Member
Ecut
Advanced Member

Oct 25 2011, 05:35 PM #91

Khrene Cleaver @ Oct 25 2011, 02:45 AM wrote:Hope I'm not re-repoting anything but I found another glitch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Oz8HM1ojIU
They aren't using rmxp anymore so I do believe the majority of the glitches that were in the demos won't exist anymore, or will be due to different causes.
[SF] Spritework:
[+] spoiler
http://goo.gl/OJITk
[SF] FE Project Chaos:
[+] spoiler
http://goo.gl/R2cQy

RedDingo
RedDingo

Nov 13 2012, 03:42 AM #92

Some error occurred around this point. I think it mighty be due to the weather effects slow down. Thing is it keeps ending up this way at the exact same point when I try to load the suspended game.

Jerem
Jerem

Mar 23 2013, 01:39 PM #93

It seems that the game doesn't work anymore on Windows 8.
It works on Win7, and I have xna and .NET on both OS versions.

BwdYeti
Advanced Member
BwdYeti
Advanced Member

Mar 23 2013, 08:27 PM #94

I think you have to set compatibility mode for Win7 in the properties (right click exe, properties, compatibility tab)
There might be more to it than that, I don't have a Win8 computer to test, but I know it's at least possible so try messing around with it

Coop_Coolidge

May 6 2013, 03:27 AM #95

So I downloaded XNA Framework but I still can't get the game to start. What am I doing wrong?

BwdYeti
Advanced Member
BwdYeti
Advanced Member

May 6 2013, 04:09 AM #96

Did you get the .net framework as well?
What OS are you using? If it's Windows 8 you need to set the compatibility mode on the exe to Windows 7

EDIT
http://puu.sh/3iNns.png apparently compatibility mode is not needed for Windows 8, according to Arch

Sather
Sather

Aug 22 2013, 07:45 PM #97

Hi! I'm rather new to this, and I love the way it looks.

How's the progress going? Will new stuff be coming out still? Is it just like, the three demos that are currently out now?

Love the work I've seen, keep it up!

corndawg7

Aug 23 2013, 05:52 AM #98

I'm new to this forum and blogging stuff but i just wanted to know if there is anything using isadora through the demo.

I trained marcus up to lv 10 and WOW he just evolved before my very eyes. i tried the same this with Isa but i got nothing (and barely any stats gains on top of that)

Just wondering if that is suppose to happen or hasnt updated or if there is a different method to make her promote

Rewjeo
Advanced Member
Rewjeo
Advanced Member

Aug 23 2013, 06:29 AM #99

All of the Tier 0 units (Marcus, Harken, Isadora, Madelyn, Toni, and Cybil, unless I'm forgetting someone) promote by leveling up to level 11.

Isadora is pretty weak, though. She's comparable to Marcus post promotion in my experience, but he hits harder and her SPD really isn't that much better than his. That's once you get past her rut, too. Hitting for 2 damage and not doubling while having the durability of wet toilet paper is really awful. She's good for the Prologue and about the first two enemies in Chapter 2, but that's about it.

corndawg7

Aug 23 2013, 07:23 AM #100

Thanks for the info Rewjeo, with all that i pretty much got everyone promoted by the end of third chapter just for a lil challenge/goal.

And i see where you're coming from, Isadora doesn't cut it with the attack stat gain but she did take a couple of hit in the later chapters. i might have lucked out with the defense.

With this said and done, I'm really looking forward for the game to completed

Dunal
Advanced Member
Dunal
Advanced Member

Aug 23 2013, 03:38 PM #101

Playing through this right now.

I suppose with Isadora 4 base STR with a low-ish growth means if you're unfortunate it can stay that way.

I'd be in favor of increasing base STR by 1 and knocking off 2 points of SKL instead? If she wasn't mono-swords this wouldn't be a problem but it seems she has a problem doing much of anything to non-axe users.

After just playing through the prologue (on Hard) I feel that there needs to be one more Vulnerary (probably in the form of an enemy drop). Because without a healer you *do* need to be a bit generous with them. I felt that without luck dodging the enemy's attacks -- you can run out of health just on the virtue of being unlucky.

EDIT: Actually, after playing more, Isadora could strongly benefit from +1 SPD over +1 STR. This not only helps her potentially in a better way but also keeps her stats differentiated form say, Harken.

I'm going to do a full write-up on my feedback so I can talk about in detail later.

That said everything is still in flux at this early stage of course -- but I'm going to give my thoughts anyway.

Myke
Advanced Member
Myke
Advanced Member

Aug 23 2013, 10:16 PM #102

Keep it coming guys, this data is precious to us. It's been obvious Dora needed a buff for a while now so that's already on the list. Make sure to tell us what you think of the map design, the flow of the chapters, enemy loadouts etc

Hey even if you have some problems with the dialogue I promise to only get a little mad ;p

Rakuko
Advanced Member
Rakuko
Advanced Member

Aug 24 2013, 12:41 AM #103

-WTA gives 2((crit - dodge)) +4 crit for sword units or maybe only t0?
-i like that hovering over enemies while having a player unit selected for movement gives you a small info bubble.
-overall, the game seems a lot smoother
-cursor ends on targeted unit after heal/attack instead of the unit that just ended turn
-is Eagler's chibi portrait frowning or is that his mustache?
-why does Darin have -- as his terrain avoid in the pre-battle screen?
-Cav's Hand Axe animation is cool
-enemy Peg mugs look cool
-skywatcher attack animation looks really weird
-direct promotion at lvl 11 totally feels like Pokemon, very cool

-@lvl10 t0 unit talks are awesome. post-premote talks are as well.

-the "initiate heal/attack" rectangle animation seemed to target somewhere on the bottom half of the screen during at least chapter 5, whereas i believe it's supposed to hone in on the unit that initiated heal/attack.

-omg scout crit is cash money. that is the best crit ever

-there doesn't seem to be a way back to the main menu from the "Start Game" choice.

-not sure, but Bronze might nullify crit chance (for the user) because of --? not checked heavily, the WTA crit bonus was where i placed most of my focus

reset count:
prologue 0
ch 2 6
-put Marcus in the bottom path twice (so Isa died), misread Steel Bow archer range 1, soldier crit on Marcus (6 dmg x 3, 3%), soldier crit on Uther (7 dmg x 3, 2% crit), bad positioning (Isa died), BUT
on the last run, Isa got 3 STR ups in a row, so yeah.
ch 5 1
-Cybil missed an 84 hit on a Myrm for the kill (hilariously it ended up with Toni getting crit'd and dying)

so after the reset i ended up losing Toni again and just kept going. promoted Isadora, Marcus, and Cybil (abusing the boss for massive EXP). will try Hard mode soon.

-as for units, i got exceedingly lucky with Isadora's STR, she had about 7/8 STR before promotion.
-i chose to baby Isa so Harken suffered, though he's put into an ATK heavy unit as opposed to Isa's SPD heavy unit.
-Toni is very helpful vs magic units, so i think the Bow WTA/D choices are more validated.
-Cybil is fine imo.
-Marcus is solid, as always (though you have to be careful not to let his obvious greatness sap EXP from everyone else especially after promotion). that DEF is insane though.
-same goes for Hassar, very solid and t1, so he's used for very specific purposes to limit his EXP growth in comparison to the t0s
-Uther slamdunking never gets old.

i'm a bit sad about only Marcus getting promotion talk. though i hope that if Isa promotes first, they have a different conversation. Eagler/Cybil convo is pretty funny. are supports in the game as of yet?
Myke @ Aug 23 2013, 06:16 PM wrote:Make sure to tell us what you think of the map design, the flow of the chapters, enemy loadouts etc
i think you shouldn't have that red village in the bottom left in the Prologue because it makes me sad that i can't visit it and get money/items T_T

the "help" village guys talk an awful lot, but i suppose it can't really be helped (iirc newer FEs all do this).

i was surprised to see so many enemy units hopping over the river to attack me from the back, pretty fun and FE11/12-like.

the dialogue was more cultured that i'm used to, but still very entertaining. characters are interesting, as always. that Uther madface was great, hope to see more of those kinds of reactionary mugs in cutscenes.

i felt chapter 5 was the most solid in terms of enemy squads and reinforcements. if you make a mistake they can take you down easily, but it is managable to a fault.

enemies that only move if Uther is in range is cool (at least that's what i thought that Merc was in Prologue, or maybe i lured with Mr Tanky Tank Marcus).

Edeleiss as a boss is.... a bit questionable, though at chapter 5, maybe it's ok. (because of her having only 1 range). it could be cool to give her a Runesword, given that the house in the bottom discussing healing options mentions weapons of that sort. but then again, chapter 5. no need to go hard in the paint this early on, and if she had 1~2 range? could be really bad with that SPD.

and lastly: this game already feels really solid in every quality that FE is known for. all of the new mechanics/rules are still very much FE, and the adjustments in enemy strength and EXP gain for t0s help to make FE7x feel like a very different game. i'm very much looking forward to trying out all of the other things you'll be adding in the game. also can't wait for the new music to be implemented, ArcSage's YT uploads are amazing.

okay gonna stop editing this post lol

next on the list: testing out other things in this new update (such as going back to previous chapters to improve EXP spread) and Hard mode!

give me some more Cybil convos dammit
game stuff:

FFX HD, XCOM2, SFV

BwdYeti
Advanced Member
BwdYeti
Advanced Member

Aug 24 2013, 04:28 AM #104

Rakuko @ Aug 23 2013, 07:41 PM wrote:-why does Darin have -- as his terrain avoid in the pre-battle screen?
Cavalry do not get terrain avoid bonuses, they do still get the defense

Everything else I respond to with either 'glad you enjoyed it' or 'we will take that under consideration' as appropriate

Dunal
Advanced Member
Dunal
Advanced Member

Aug 24 2013, 03:56 PM #105

Here is my full feedback!

Thought I'd make a topic over there since it seemed appropriate? In any case, this is a project I'm dying to see finished. :)

Confirmation of reply: