FE7 Talk

Discuss the forum, media, news and other such things here.

FE7 Talk

cormag
Advanced Member
cormag
Advanced Member

Aug 5 2013, 03:48 PM #1

Hello. I'm Cormag.

As you probably know, I want to talk about FE7 with my friends (well, not really friends because I don't know anyone from the Immortal Sword forum), but people I really like and are really nice.

I like talking about FE7 and I LOVE the character Eliwood - he's the second best lord in the world (second only to Hector), AND the fourth most skilful character (in his respective mode, fourth only to Hector, Serra and Lyn), and he is my fifth personal favourite (fifth only to Hector, Harken, Pent and Serra).

The worst lord is Lyn.
Isadora sucks on skill.
I don't really like Kent very much, yet I still try to make him a paladin, and I use him if I have to.
Hi, I do not like to give out my real name because it is personal information. I want to make the right choice and not to end up like Terra (who acted dumb just to take advantage of the younger members of the Immortal Sword forum). I'm smarter than this. I am working hard to be a changed person. Please don't be upset by what I write. I just don't want to cause problems. And I hope you understand I have autism and I'm fifteen years old. I am sorry for all the times I upset you. I didn't mean to.

Rakuko
Advanced Member
Rakuko
Advanced Member

Aug 5 2013, 05:28 PM #2

through my playthroughs, Eliwood has always been very average in all stats, and compared to Lyn and Hector who excel at most things, he just falls flat. he's one of my favorite lords though, if that makes any difference, but Hector and Lyn are just better than him.

top 5 for me would be:
1. Raven
2. Hector
3. Oswin
4. Rebecca
5. Dart (I could be persuaded to change to Sain/Bartre)

top 5 favorite characters? Serra, Ninian, Erk, Wallace, and Hector.
game stuff:

FFX HD, XCOM2, SFV

cormag
Advanced Member
cormag
Advanced Member

Aug 6 2013, 07:14 AM #3

I 100% agree that Raven is a cool character.

In fact, use him on Nergal with the Regal Sword.

If you can't do that, use Harken or Priscilla to defeat Nergal with the Regal Sword.

Please do not use Guy, Karel or Karla in case they are beserked (Guy almost killed Renault while he was berserked, but fortunately Nergal killed him)

Wallace, however, is perfect for Rex Hasta - but he has even less speed than Oswin does, and Oswin is a lot more accurate to defeat Nergal with Rex Hasta.

Another cool guy is, like you said, Sain or Batre, who may be perfect for Basilikos. Isadora sucks, so she is better for Rex Hasta (if you have to).

Another guy for Basilikos is Marcus. Wallace or Oswin too.

Reinfleche, however, should be for Rebecca, William, or even Lyn, but Lyn is better off with Sol Katti, as bows aren't even on the Weapons Triangle.

Luce and/or Aureola will be perfect for Priscilla/Lucius/Renault/Serra, and Excalibur is great for Erk/Pent/Nino/Priscilla.

Gespenest, quite annoyingly, only Athos or Canas can wield it, so if Canas dies, it's game over - not really, but I recommend you restart it if Canas dies.
Hi, I do not like to give out my real name because it is personal information. I want to make the right choice and not to end up like Terra (who acted dumb just to take advantage of the younger members of the Immortal Sword forum). I'm smarter than this. I am working hard to be a changed person. Please don't be upset by what I write. I just don't want to cause problems. And I hope you understand I have autism and I'm fifteen years old. I am sorry for all the times I upset you. I didn't mean to.

deranger
Advanced Member
deranger
Advanced Member

Aug 6 2013, 09:22 PM #4

cormag @ Aug 6 2013, 07:14 AM wrote: Priscilla to defeat Nergal with the Regal Sword.
Didn't work. Will try again later.
cormag @ Aug 6 2013, 07:14 AM wrote: Luce and/or Aureola will be perfect for Priscilla
Also did not work.

cormag
Advanced Member
cormag
Advanced Member

Aug 7 2013, 06:08 PM #5

Sorry Deranger - I saw a clip on YouTube that Priscilla used a sword to kill her enemies

Also, I thought a Valkyrie could wield LIGHT MAGIC!

Try this tactic to defeat Nergal...

Regal Sword --> Raven/Harken/Karel

Basilikos --> Bartre/Oswin/Marcus

Rex Hasta --> Florina/Farina/Wallace

Reinfleche --> Rath/Rebecca/William

Luce --> Serra/Lucius/Renault

Aureola --> Serra/Renault/Athos

Excalibur --> Erk/Pent/Nino

Gespenest --> Annoyingly, it's either Canas or Athos

Latona --> Serra/Lucius/Pent

cormag
Advanced Member
cormag
Advanced Member

Aug 12 2013, 07:35 AM #6

Well, hello guys, are you enjoying playing FE7? I know I am. FE7 is a great game - if you have a GBA, you can try it if you like - you don't have to!

Myke
Advanced Member
Myke
Advanced Member

Aug 13 2013, 12:35 AM #7

I haven't played vanilla FE7 in forever, actually. After the Ostia bros my favourite characters were the fangs and the Pheraean knights, but most of the cast was pretty memorable. I can't think of anyone I didn't like on some level, except like the super-generic shaman bosses from mid-game.

I think I'll give Marcus the uber spear this time |D

cormag
Advanced Member
cormag
Advanced Member

Aug 13 2013, 11:53 AM #8

Myke @ Aug 13 2013, 12:35 AM wrote: I think I'll give Marcus the uber spear this time.
I remember the Uber Spear - it is the same as the B Ranked Spear.

I'd rather give Marcus the Rex Hasta than the Spear because the Rex Hasta can do more damage to Nergal and/or the fire Dragon than the Spear can.

The Spear can literally do no damage to either of those.

Also the Basilikos can be given to either of the Four Fanged Offense characters, as in Geitz or Wallace, not Linus or Lloyd.

Rakuko
Advanced Member
Rakuko
Advanced Member

Aug 14 2013, 03:08 AM #9

nah, the Uber Spear has some ridiculous bonus stats (iirc on the level of FE4/5 holy weapons), so if you choose to Mine Glitch on that chapter, you can get a great weapon (i usually opt to use Mine during the Port chapter for massive free exp).

and as for Nergal, there really isn't a reason for me to use anyone other than Athos to deal with him, as i feel Lloyd/Linus is much more important and requires your strongest chars to deal with.
game stuff:

FFX HD, XCOM2, SFV

cormag
Advanced Member
cormag
Advanced Member

Aug 14 2013, 07:13 AM #10

Rakuko @ Aug 14 2013, 03:08 AM wrote: And as for Nergal, there really isn't a reason for me to use anyone other than Athos to deal with him, as i feel Lloyd/Linus is much more important and requires your strongest chars to deal with.
Athos is a pre-promote, and I believe that the following are better for Lloyd/Linus

Geitz/Wallace with Rex Hasta
Guy (with speed)
Eliwood/Hector in their respective modes
Lyn with an Iron Rune
Raven/Harken/Karel/Bartre with high strength, speed and defense
Or you CAN use Athos, with either the Sleep Staff or Eclipse.

If you don't choose either strategy, the Sleep Staff, or have enough money to buy Fimbulvetr (very useful against Lloyd in particular), then take Canas or Serra with him - light can dispel their darkness - and dark magic is particularly powerful against Linus.

Rakuko
Advanced Member
Rakuko
Advanced Member

Aug 14 2013, 09:46 PM #11

a character being a pre-premote doesn't really mean anything. case in point, Pent in FE7. the odds of getting a solid Erk are pretty low (i run Erk pretty much every game), whereas Pent's stats are so solid there's no reason not to use him.

and in one of my runs, i handled Lloyd/Linus with Dart (Swordreaver) and Rebecca with S support. i think Oswin was probably around to protect Rebecca.
game stuff:

FFX HD, XCOM2, SFV

demonwind66
Advanced Member
demonwind66
Advanced Member

Aug 20 2013, 04:52 PM #12

If I had to pick most OP non-lords it would be

1 Canas - all-around good stats, can heal self, others, and use OP Luna
2 Farina - awesome stats, huge move range
3 Wil - balanced with good growths, lotsa health helps tankiness, stranth lets you kill all the things
4 Nino - very versatile with many damages, heals
5 Oswin - nuff said

Uber Spear is ridiculous, btw. Max-stat Farina + Uber Spear = pure, unadultered rape

Rakuko
Advanced Member
Rakuko
Advanced Member

Aug 21 2013, 06:04 PM #13

my Canas is always a bit shaky and slower than i'd like him to be, unfortunately, so i usually end up benching him (or he just sits there not doing shit).

i can totally get behind Wil though, he and Rebecca are like two sides of the same coin. He excels pretty much everywhere she doesn't, especially in HP/Def.
game stuff:

FFX HD, XCOM2, SFV

Myke
Advanced Member
Myke
Advanced Member

Aug 22 2013, 09:09 AM #14

man luna really was OP wasn't it?

I've always been pretty infantry-focused so my final teams usually ended up centered on Raven and Dart + their supporters + their supporters' supporters. This time around I want to sort of feel it out and avoid favouring anyone over anyone else like I usually do :R

demonwind66
Advanced Member
demonwind66
Advanced Member

Aug 22 2013, 04:44 PM #15

I really like Dart, but dat skill growth . . . meh. Half the time I have Oswin get an S in axe rather than use a Warrior/Berserker.

I agree with the infantry thing, though. Besides Farina, none of the mounted units seem to ever be very good. So my team is usually 3 lords, 3 magic users (Canas, bishop, sage), Wil, Oswin (w/ S axes), Farina, Raven or Guy, Nils/Ninian, and Athos makes a dozen for the final.