Creating an Actor

The FEXP engine and associated packages are found here, as well as related tutorials and discussion.
supafrunk

01 Jul 2012, 02:20 #16

Wow didn't expect an answer so soon. Thanks!

maple seed

19 Aug 2012, 01:19 #17

Hi BwdYeti, I am working on extending the FEXP engine with more classes to bring closer to completion, however this is not my code and I need to know my way around it. First and foremost is the task of class insertion, as far as I can tell:

*Sprite sheets are added to material base with 192 x 192 per sprite, in columns of 5, selecting background as transparent
*they are implemented in [Database: Animations] under different sections for attack > hit > return, critical
*New classes is made in CLASSES, with appropriate tier as well as equip able weapons and skills
*The animations are referenced to the appropriate classes in [Animation Values] script under [CONFIGURATIONS]
*[Battler Image Setup: CLASS_BATTLER_IMG] Script is used to determine which dodge animation to use, different row for different weapon type, however I need more information on what [Battler Image Setup: CLASS_BATTLER_FRAMES] does
*Lastly I need to locate where I can reference the appropriate map animation, class animation for the stats screen and face for stats screen for the classes

Metakirby

19 Aug 2012, 15:39 #18

It would be more easy if a logiciel for create sprite , face , etc.. in the format of Fexp automatically existed. And a other logiciel for insert all of that in script without searching..

But i don't know if it's possible. And , fexp will be finished finally ? With all faces and systems ?

anuvis512k

03 Sep 2012, 00:41 #19

Hello I am new to the forum ...
I first want to apologize for my English which stinks.

and I mean to be second layers to create your own custom fire emblem is fantastically with this demo, the creators are geniuses. but I have a problem, when I add new classes in game animations are misplaced when they attack, I put new classes made ​​by me, without rest to the originals, I understand how the rpg maker but do not script, but I understand as animations work. tell me how? please is very good and I want to make a fire emblem itself, although they are doing is very interesting. I hope the upgrade also immortal sword. Thanks for your time :)

Metakirby

05 Sep 2012, 13:13 #20

anuvis512k : I had the same problem before. So , for working , you must take a sprite characters already made and insert you characters over. And do some correction too. But that take very long !

But this is how I insert Nergal class in Fexp. This is a bit hard because that's not the same size of characters. :/ That's why I say the thing with the logiciel in my precedent post.

I could help you a bit if the characters isn't a magic class like Nergal (because my Nergal doesn't show is magic pose with the dark aura and he had a problem with the frames but this last problem is with the database..à

anuvis512k

05 Sep 2012, 15:13 #21

Metakirby: thanks for replying. would be a help. one of the things I want to add is the Longbowman classes for male archer. just try to copy the image and change the one for the 0, in the parts that I needed to do, but just out of focus, the classes that I did not use magic, I just want to put more basic classes and put both sexes in all the possible classes without clear doscriminar this, such a man as pegasus rider, just as an idea ... Thanks for your time. :)

Metakirby

07 Sep 2012, 16:35 #22

That's nothing ^^ Or you're error could be with the animations database too. All of the classes must be in the same position (x , y) ^^

anuvis512k

07 Sep 2012, 20:00 #23

I think if you use the rpg maker, but do not script. try using the same images to other genres to test if they worked and got out of angle igual.pero I will try other ways possible. Thanks for answering my questions and help me ...

monsterlord59

30 Aug 2016, 02:47 #24

I can't get a character to have a weapon level