Crash whenever damage is dealt

Talk about FE7x here, plz.

Crash whenever damage is dealt

basketofseals

Apr 26 2016, 10:32 PM #1

Whenever anyone takes damage, even in the opening cutscene, the game crashes. I've tried reinstalling, and I have all of the required downloads. My exception document says:

System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
at FEXNA.Services.Rumble.RumbleService.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at  .Update(GameTime )
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at  .(String[] )

Myke
Advanced Member
Myke
Advanced Member

May 6 2016, 04:40 AM #2

B- we'll look into it

HeartlessSeph

May 10 2016, 04:11 AM #3

This was actually happening to me. It happened on my end because I had the Windows Phone SDK installed so I uninstalled it, then I reinstalled the .net and XNA SDK's and it worked. Don't know if that's the problem on your end but I was getting the same message and it fixed it for me.

Abysmal
Abysmal

May 19 2016, 08:16 PM #4

Kind of a late reply, but I had the same issue -- it seems to be related to the rumble feature. I was playing with a controller, and after the crash it would rumble continuously until starting the game back up. Disabling rumble from the in-game options menu fixed the issue.

Myke
Advanced Member
Myke
Advanced Member

Sep 6 2016, 02:37 AM #5

According to Yeti;
Some debug code that I somehow left in, that was supposed to remind me to do something with gamepad rumble by crashing but that I forgot to actually deal with. If you control the game with keyboard instead of controller it won't come up. Sorry about that.