4 Jul

Check here for public releases.

4 Jul

Myke
Advanced Member
Myke
Advanced Member

Jul 4 2014, 06:51 AM #1

And so we enter quarter 3 of 2014, with lots of exciting events behind and just as many ahead. I've got plenty to talk about today, so excuse me if I skip the preamble and just dive in!

News
If you've missed the dozens of announcements about BOSS FIGHTER then there's little chance this post will reach you, but just in case I'm going to plug it again: we made a game called BOSS FIGHTER! We made it in a single month with the help of Kitsu (who you may remember from the justice animation, among others) and Merc (who needs no introduction), for a competition run by the RPGMaker and Humble Bundle guys. Winning means cash prizes and help selling it online, which would be a big help for us.
So far, everything we've done for 7x has been done with only minimal support (we've received a single donation), which is becoming harder to justify as time goes on. This is a hobby project, one without financial prospects, but one that requires the same time investment as any marketable title. Every hour we spend building this instead of making an earning is an hour we give to you guys as a gift. If you can't spare any money for our cause, that's understandable, but helping us win this competition is just as helpful. So tell your friends! Record Let's Plays! Shout it from the rooftops: BOSS FIGHTER deserves to win!

Did I mention BOSS FIGHTER!?

Alright, enough begging.

E3 has come and gone and despite there being no sign of a Fire Emblem title, Intelligent Systems was namedropped in the reveal of the new IP Code Name S.T.E.A.M., which is apparently a 'turn-based action strategy game'. I don't know if anyone else in the world played Squad Command, but it seems to be a lot like that. During the reveal conference, the speakers were asked about SMTxFE, and they claimed everything was on schedule. We'll see.

Ike was revealed for Smash a while ago, but that's old news now lol.

Lookin' swole, bruh.

Also pretty old news by now: Arch has revived the Fire Emblem Universe forums and made it into an FE hacking community, so if you're into that sort of thing check it out. Lastly, they've started setting up booths for FEE3 over at Tanas Manor, so check those out too.

Updates
Did you miss the part where I talked about BOSS FIGHTER for two paragraphs? We're only just getting back to work now. I'll be focusing on supports, Yeti and I will be building and refining the last few chapters, and Kitsu and Merc have been hanging around so I'm sure we'll find something for them to do. Now if we could just keep track of those musicians...

Q&A
Yes, everything under the 'News' section of the last report was an April Fool's gag.

Confirmation of reply: