25 March

Check here for public releases.
ShenCS
ShenCS

May 13 2012, 08:52 PM #31

Darkblade @ Apr 26 2012, 02:24 AM wrote: That and one of the characters who goes by the name of Marth is actually a girl. Sorry. I got a bit off topic there.
Thanks for the spoiler warning there buddy, really appreciate it.

On the subject of mastery gauges, do you think it would be better if the gauges fluctuated (i.e. when they maxed out, they start dropping)? This would make them more oppurtunistic and mean you couldn't decimate say, a supposed-to-be challenging chokepoint or defensive line by saving up everyone's bars for one turn. It would also mean that enemies at the back line won't all be waiting with insta-kills that you can't do anything about. There should be a threshold below the maximum gauge which allows mastery usage that takes a few turns to fill and deplete. One could even make the thresholds unique to either class or character for balancing or flavour.
Y'know, they really should have tied mastery skills to the biorhythm system in FE9/FE10. It would have made people actually pay attention to it.

Rakuko
Advanced Member
Rakuko
Advanced Member

May 13 2012, 10:27 PM #32

ShenCS @ May 13 2012, 04:52 PM wrote:
Darkblade @ Apr 26 2012, 02:24 AM wrote: That and one of the characters who goes by the name of Marth is actually a girl. Sorry. I got a bit off topic there.
Thanks for the spoiler warning there buddy, really appreciate it
............i glossed over Darkblade's angsty posts and missed that.....and then you quoted it............NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
game stuff:

FFX HD, XCOM2, SFV

deranger
Advanced Member
deranger
Advanced Member

May 23 2012, 04:05 AM #33

I was not playing Diablo 3 when I thought of this. I don't know what you're talking about.
Will all of the gauges be filled up by time (turns) or will some be charged, in part or in full, by actions such as attacking, being attacked, being hit, selected charging, potions, etc.? Like, I can see a berzerker filling his (or her I guess) gauge by attacking and being hit, or some magical unit charging a powerful attack as their action for a turn or two.

BwdYeti
Advanced Member
BwdYeti
Advanced Member

May 23 2012, 09:19 PM #34

The gauge fills each turn based on the relevant stat(s) (Swordmasters charge Astra faster the more Spd they have, etc), and then each battle where they make at least one attack they gain half that. And then I think there were some ideas on a staff or item or something to instantly charge a unit

deranger
Advanced Member
deranger
Advanced Member

May 27 2012, 02:53 AM #35

So all activation skills charge in the same way?

BwdYeti
Advanced Member
BwdYeti
Advanced Member

May 27 2012, 05:08 AM #36

The same basic underlying system yeah. There's different rates and stats that affect it and etc

Yue
Yue

Aug 4 2014, 03:06 PM #37

gauge based skills~

I think this will change the game a lot and make this game a lot more different than "normal" FE games. Well, FE7x is already a pretty UNIQUE game now so I'm not surprised that you guys are going to try more new things lol.

I think it's very hard to tell how will this affect game difficulty and game experience now. I was wondering if its possible to have a optional "Infinity Charged Mode" in the game? Or maybe as a bonus mode after finishing the whole game?

Confirmation of reply: